My newly updated Ubuntu seemed lagging -_-
Nothing really concerned me on my top but I knew something was wrong. So I installed iotop (used apt-get) to see what was causing lags. From iotop I knew that mediascanner-service-2.0 that was trying to scan my encrypted folder causing the IO almost always 90%++ all the time.
I’m sure there were things you can do about this, but whatever, I didn’t have time to explore them.
So, I did this:
mv /usr/bin/mediascanner-service-2.0 /usr/bin/mediascanner-service-2.0.dist echo 'exit 0' > /usr/bin/mediascanner-service-2.0 chmod 755 /usr/bin/mediascanner-service-2.0 killall -9 mediascanner-service-2.0
That, fixed the lagging issue.